Smog Check Tips
- If your “check engine” light is ON, state law requires that your car automatically fail the test and be reported to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), so please be aware of this when you come in.
- Do not attempt to circumvent the check engine light system in an effort to pass the test. That approach rarely works; time is better spent getting the problem fixed.
- If your automobile is not running smoothly, fix it first. Chances are it will fail the smog inspection if you’re having engine problems.
- Drive for 15 to 20 minutes to make sure your car is thoroughly warmed-up and running at peak efficiency.
- Change the oil and oil filter. Dirty not only reduces engine life, it increases the chances of smog check failure by introducing more pollutants into the engine’s internal venting systems.
- Did you get a smog check notice? Are you concerned about passing the smog test? Call Doctor Of Motors right away – we’ll get your through it and back on the road fast: (530) 879-0700.
- By the way if your vehicle is in really bad shape, and not worth repairing, California offers a $1,000 – $1,500 Buy Back Program. So if you want to get rid of you old smog-test-failing car, truck, SUV, van, and even an RV, sign up today.
Personal vehicle emissions add to the air pollution in many states. As a responsible driver, you care about aiding the national effort to reduce vehicle emissions—not just because all states have a vehicle emissions limit, but also because a vehicle that exceeds emissions limits is generally in poor repair, decreasing its safety and reliability. Because you depend on your vehicle for day to day needs, you want to keep it in the best repair possible. Our shop keeps your car in top condition by offering comprehensive emissions testing as well as superior customer service.
During a smog check, our technicians will connect a device to the tailpipe of your vehicle while the engine is running to measure your automobile’s emissions while it is idle and while it is revving. We will compare our results to the state standards for your vehicle. We also check to make sure that your muffler is in good shape, and we will also make sure that your hoses and pipes are properly connected and working well.
From the moment you walk through our door until you leave satisfied with the results, our team strives to supply only the best service to you and your vehicle.
Many shops focus only on completing the work order, but our dedicated technicians go above and beyond to exceed your customer service expectations. Put our service to the test by calling our shop or stopping in to schedule a smog check for your vehicle today!